The answer – NO!!!!!
As a creative staying organized and accomplishing goals can be difficult. Your mind is running every which way but forward and ideas swirl throughout as though you on a rainbow journey through OZ. I can’t hear myself think at times or I get in such a creative funk all creativity stops. So how can I continue to make it happen in the new year?
- Get Organized – I tried to organize my schedule using my smart phone but I am a visual and I like to write things down. Needless to say, the smartphone just doesn’t work for me. So I bought a nice fancy planner to write my plan, my schedule, my dreams and goals down. The goal now is to open it up every AM and PM making a list of what I need to do, What I want to do and When I want to do it.
Starting today – this planner takes action
- Get Motivation – I love to read but it is hard to find the time. I have tons of self-motivating books and fun books but they have collected a little bit of dust in 2016. My goal – take a minimum of 20-30 minutes a day to stop and read. Find motivation and guidance through others creativity.
Any good book recommendations?
- Get inspired – I always need to be close to the things that inspire me. My goal – take regular creative field trips – a hike, a walk on the beach, a day trip to a scenic landscape. One I need painting subjects and two these small trips provide constant inspiration to create.
I must make an appointment in my new 2017 planner to plan my first excursion
- Get Going – now that the new year has begun – it is now time to just get going and do it. Here are a few ways to keep yourself on track:
- check that planner every morning when you wake up and before bed. Check off the areas that you have completed or accomplished and move those things to the next day top to this list for tomorrow
- keep a diary/sketchbook. Document your daily journey through your words and/or art. Look back on occasion to see where you have been and where you are going.
- schedule a meeting with yourself. Keep yourself on track with your goals and “to dos” Discuss with yourself what is and what is not getting done.
- find a partner to keep you accountable and schedule a monthly meeting with them. Sometimes it helps when an outsider tells you like it is. They will ask you questions, play devil’s advocate and help keep you on track to get things done.
- take your creative field trips. Make sure you have fun! Invigorate and nourish that creative soul by experience those things that make you happy and inspire you. It could be nothing at all too.
Let me share some goals I have:
- to blog consistently – weekly
- to provide weekly video instruction on my creative process and journey
- to create, create and create more
- to roll out and launch my online Creative Soul courses – finally
- to sell more art
- to give back more and share more of my passion with all of you
I know these are big goals that I failed to complete last year. But failed is not a bad thing – I still have today, tomorrow and the next day to keep at it.
So make it happen this year! Set out to be amazing and remember you are where you need to be right now – trust the process as you move yourself forward in this new year.
p.s. you notice my list is all #1 – this is not a typo because every item on my list is a priority – they are ALL important and deserve to be #1.